We have moved to 567 W Douglas Avenue. Come visit us in our new location, just east of the clock tower in the Delano District.Get Directions
Mind flex: Touchdown trivia
From the flip of the coin to the final seconds of the fourth quarter, there’s quite a bit of commentary during a friendly rivalry. Level up your trivia game for your next tailgate and see who knows their football.
1. In what year was the National Football League (NFL) founded, and what was it originally called?
A. 1890; National Football Association
B. 1912; American Football League
C. 1920; American Professional Football Association
D. 1931; American Football Association
2. The first college football game was played in 1869 between which two teams?
A. Rutgers University and Princeton University
B. Yale University and Harvard University
C. University of Michigan and University of Wisconsin
D. Harvard University and Rutgers University
3. What NFL team scored the most points in a single Super Bowl?
A. Green Bay Packers
B. Atlanta Falcons
C. San Francisco 49ers
D. New England Patriots
4. After a 41-year drought, which NCAA football team won the 2021 National Championship title?
A. Alabama Crimson Tide
B. Georgia Bulldogs
C. Ohio State Buckeyes
D. Cincinnati Bearcats
5. Which NFL player legally changed his name to match his jersey number?
A. Deion Sanders
B. Walter Payton
C. Reggie White
D. Chad Johnson
6. Which Division 1 team rivalry has been played more than any other rivalry in the Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS)?
A. Oregon Ducks vs. Oregon State Beavers
B. Purdue Boilermakers vs. Indiana Hoosiers
C. Minnesota Gophers vs. Wisconsin Badgers
D. Yale Bulldogs vs. Princeton Tigers
7. Who was the first starting NFL quarterback to win a Super Bowl title with two different teams?
A. Peyton Manning
B. Joe Montana
C. Tom Brady
D. Matthew Stafford
8. In what year did the NCAA implement a rule allowing two-point conversions?
9. Which NCAA school produced the most defensive players to ever be selected in the first round of the NFL draft?
A. University of Alabama
B. University of Georgia
C. Ohio State University
D. Louisiana State University
1 – C Founded in Canton, Ohio, the original American Professional Football Association came to fruition inside a local automobile showroom.
2 – A Each team had 25 players on the field, and the game followed the London Football Association rules, meaning players weren’t allowed to pick up or throw the ball. Spoiler alert: Rutgers won 6-4.
3 – C The San Francisco 49ers defeated the Denver Broncos in Super Bowl XXIV (1990) 55-10, making the 45-point differential the largest in NFL history.
4 – B Under the coaching of former football alumni Kirby Smart, the Georgia Bulldogs won their third national championship in 2021—their first since 1980.
5 – D When he played for the Cincinnati Bengals, Chad Johnson legally changed his name to Ochocinco (“eighty-five” in Spanish) in 2008. In 2012, he legally changed his name back to Johnson.
6 – C While it isn’t the oldest rivalry, they have played the most often at 131 games (Wisconsin leads the series, 62-61-8).
7 – A Peyton Manning won Super Bowls with the Indianapolis Colts in 2007 and the Denver Broncos in 2016.
8 – A The rule was put into place to increase scoring and maintain a balance between offensive and defensive play.
9 – B The University of Georgia set a school record with five NFL draft picks in the first round, which is also an NFL record for the most defensive players taken from one team in draft history.Back to issue